Lenore Janecek is a nationally known health care expert and is highly experienced in the areas of health care management, public policy, insurance, and retirement benefits. She is a noted author, TV host and public speaker.
Ms. Janecek is the TV Host of “Community Health,” a live monthly call-in program in Chicago, ILlinois, since May 2006. She is also the Founder and President of Lenore Janecek & Associates, Ltd., incorporated in 1985.
Ms. Janecek’s appointments and awards include the following:
- Appointments to the Illinois Health Care Cost Containment Council and Health Reform Task Force by Governor Jim Edgar and Governor George Ryan, respectively.
- Appointments by President Bill Clinton, President George Bush (Senior), and President Ronald Reagan to the Selective Service Board.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Service Award for 10 years of meritorious service to her country by the President of the United States.
- Awarded Outstanding Woman in Healthcare Management by the Women Health Executives Network.
- Awarded Honarary Board Member, Lincolnwood Chamber of Commerce, in recognition for founding the Chamber.
- Awarded Distinguished Graduate of the Year by National Honor Society, Roosevelt High School, Chicago, Illinois, presented to Outstanding Alumnae Exemplifying Leadership and Honor in Community and Country.
- Selected as one of the 100 women leaders in the United States by the Foundation for Women’s Resources and for includion into Leadership America, Washington, DC.
- Selected for inclusion in: Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who of American Women, International Who’s Who of Women; Who’s Who in Business & Industry; and Who’s Who in the Midwest.
- Awarded “Citizen of the Month” by Lerner Newspapers, Chicago, Illinois.
Lenore Janecek has held, or is currently in the following professional, civic, community or fraternal organizations:
- Founder and President of SAVE THE PATIENT, a nonprofit health organization
- Founder and Board Member, Leadership Illinois
- Board of Trustees, Bronzeville Children’s Museum (first African-American Children’s Museum in USA)
- Past President, Board Member, and Paul Harris Scholar, Skokie Rotary
- Former Advisory Board Member, Women Health Executives Network
Ms. Janecek received a Bachelors in Communication and a Masters in Business Admiistration and has published the following articles or books:
- Health Insurance A Guide for Artists, Consultants, Entrepreneurs and Other Self-Employed, published by American Council for the Arts, New York, New York, September, 1993.
- Save the Patient, published on the Save The Patient website, 2002.